Meal prep this Southwestern Sweet Potato Egg Bake to have a hearty, filling, healthy breakfast for an easy warm up and eat breakfast!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup favorite milk (like almond, oat, cashew, or whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add the diced sweet potatoes and water.
- Cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until the water has evaporated, and add the onion and bell pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes, onions and peppers are soft.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Fold in the cooked vegetables and diced tomatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture into a greased 8×8 inch baking dish and place in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the egg has set in the middle of the casserole dish.
- Slice into squares and serve as is, or add toppings like salsa, cilantro, avocado, sour cream or jalapeños.
- If you’re strictly gluten free, make sure to check the bottle of your milk (or dairy alternative) to ensure it fits your dietary requirements.
Keywords: egg, eggs, egg bake, quiche recipe, crustless quiche recipe, dairy free quiche, egg breakfast, southwestern, sweet potato egg bake, sweet potato quiche, low carb breakfast, low carb egg breakfast