This Slow Cooker Apple BBQ Chicken is an easy set it and forget it meal! It’s so juicy, flavorful, and perfect for sandwiches, tacos, salads, and more!
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch apple pie spice
- salt, to taste
- Place the chicken, BBQ sauce, apple cider, apple cider vinegar and apple pie spice into a slow cooker and turn to heat for 4-5 hours.
- After the chicken has cooked, remove it from the pot and shred.
- Take the sauce and pour it into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until it has reduced by about half. Taste the apple BBQ sauce and add salt as desired. This will vary depending on the type of BBQ sauce you use.
- Pour the sauce back over the shredded chicken and serve in sandwiches, tacos on salads or whatever you want.