You’ll love this Skinny Shepherd’s Pie!! The meat is so flavorful and the top layer is a cauliflower mash to keep it low carb and delicious!!
- 1 cauliflower, cut in florets
- 3 tablespoon ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 sweet onion, sliced and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (tamari for gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and boil them for 8-10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is boiling, sauté the onion and garlic in the ghee over medium heat.
- When the onions start to soften, add the carrots.
- Continue to sauté until the onions are browned and translucent.
- Add the meat and chop using your spatula until no longer pink.
- Add the ketchup, soy sauce, and BBQ sauce.
- Once the sauce incorporates into the dish and reduces a bit, remove from heat.
- When the cauliflower is done boiling, drain it and place it in the food processor with ghee, salt, garlic cloves, and pepper (to taste).
- In a casserole or pie dish, spread the meat evenly throughout the bottom.
- Add the cauli mash on top the meat and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Place it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Then, broil on high for 2 minutes.
- Per serving: Calories 392; Fat 23.1g (Sat 12.6g); Protein 35.6g; Carb 9.6g (net carbs 8g); Fiber 1.6g; Sodium 763mg
- Serving Size: 4