Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies are made with almond flour and only four ingredients! Buttery & soft, they are delicious dipped in chocolate!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate (melted for drizzling)
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
Before we get started: The KEY to this recipe is allowing the dough to chill in the freezer and cutting/handling the shapes when the dough is chilled and hardened.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, butter, agave nectar, and vanilla.
- Place the cookie dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and on top of a cutting board.
- Use a rolling pin to roll it out into a flat 1/4 inch oval.
- Keep the rolled dough on the cutting board, in between the two pieces of parchment paper and freeze it for 20 minutes.
- While the cookie dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut 12 cookies from the dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I found it easiest to use a butter knife to slide until the cut cookie and transfer it to the baking sheet.
- After the 12 cookies are cut, re-roll out the remaining dough between the 2 pieces of parchment paper and place back in the freezer to cut the second batch.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until the edges are golden. I found 8 minutes and 30 seconds to be the sweet spot, so once it hits 8 minutes, keep an eye on them. You want the edges to be golden brown but the centers to still be a light shortbread color.
- Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. I melted it by putting it in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and place on a piece of parchment paper. If needed, pop them in the fridge for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 21mg
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: shortbread cookies, gluten free shortbread cookies, low carb shortbread cookies, gluten free cookies, low carb cookies, low carb christmas cookies, gluten free christmas cookies, shortbread cookies made with almond flour, healthy shortbread cookies, easy shortbread cookies