This Sesame Soy Kale Salad is the easiest throw together salad that makes for the perfect meal! Only a handful of ingredients in this salad and the mouthwatering flavors have you coming back for a second bowl!
- 2 cups baby kale
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- Place your baby kale and baby spinach in your bowl.
- Slice the tomatoes and green onions an add them to your salad bowl.
- Toast the sliced almonds on the stovetop over medium hight heat. You have to be pretty diligent with these because after a couple minutes they’ll start to smell nice and toasty. Keep stirring and shaking the pan so they don’t sit too long, otherwise they’ll burn. Once they’re golden brown, immediately add to your salad bowl or a small separate bowl to cool and sprinkle them on top.
- Add the sesame seeds to the large salad bowl.
- In a dressing jar, combine the dressing ingredients and shake. Pour over the salad and toss everything together.