Want a light and flavorful meal that comes together seamlessly and gives you those tropical beach vibes? Try this Sesame Crusted Tuna + Mango Salsa recipe!
- 1 mango, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut in small cubes
- 1/3 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt
Coconut Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 1 can unsweetened coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tuna steaks, about 1 lb.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- lime wedges for serving
- couple sprigs of cilantro for garnish
- Mix together mango, avocado, onion, lime juice, avocado oil and sea salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Put your cauliflower florets in the food processor with the shredding attachment. Depending on the size of your cauliflower, you may have to do this in batches.
- Add the coconut oil and riced cauliflower in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- After about three minutes add the coconut cream and sea salt.
- Allow the cauli rice to simmer for about 5 – 7 minutes or until all the coconut milk has been absorbed and the cauli rice is soft.
- Stir in the shredded coconut and keep burner on low until you are ready to serve everything up.
- Turn an outside grill on high and let heat for about 10 minutes.
- Once hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Pat tuna dry and drizzle with avocado oil.
- Salt and pepper both sides.
- Place sesame seeds on a plate and dip the edges of the tuna in the sesame seeds.
- Grill the tuna for 1 – 2 minutes per side so the outside is cooked but it’s still pink on the inside. If your tuna is about an inch think, you may only grill for about 1 minute per side.
- Scoop the coconut rice into bowls, serve with sliced tuna, top with mango salsa, a lime wedge and a sprig of cilantro.
- If using a grill pan –> get the grill pan hot for about five minutes. Put the tuna on the grill pan. For thin steaks, sear each side for about 1 minute. For thicker steaks go for 2-3 minutes per side.
Keywords: sesame tuna, sesame tuna recipes, sesame crusted tuna, sesame crusted ahi tuna, sesame crusted tuna steak, sesame crusted seared tuna, sesame crusted tuna recipe, sesame crusted ahi tuna, sesame crusted grilled tuna, sesame crusted ahi tuna steak recipe, grilled ahi tuna mango salsa, grilled tuna mango salsa, grilled tuna steak recipe with mango salsa, mango avocado salsa, mango avocado salsa recipe, mango avocado cilantro salsa, mango avocado salsa tuna, cauliflower rice, cauliflower rice recipes, cauliflower rice keto, coconut cauliflower rice, coconut cauliflower rice keto,