Once you make these gluten free + vegan scallion pancakes, you may never order them from a restaurant again! This easy recipe is better than takeout!
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 4 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil + 4 tablespoons more for frying
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions + 2 tablespoons extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cassava flour, tapioca flour, 4 tablespoons avocado oil, water, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold together until a dough forms.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chopped scallions.
- Divide into three sections and form into pancakes.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of avocado oil on a pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry 1 pancake for about 3 minutes until golden brown, flip and fry the other side for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with parchment paper and continue until all the pancakes are fried.
- Place on a cutting board and cut each pancake into fourths.
- Whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, agave, and sesame oil to serve alongside the pancakes.
- Plate the pancakes and sprinkle with any remaining chopped scallions and sesame seeds.