These Roasted Za’atar Sweet Potato Fries + Tahini Dip make the perfect snack or side dish! They’re fresh, flavorful, gluten free, vegan, and dairy free!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup tahini (for drizzling and dipping)
- 1/4 cup micro greens (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut your sweet potatoes. I keep the skin on mine, but you can peel the skin off yours if you want!
- Cut them into thick wedges and place them in a large bowl.
- I used a combo of white sweet potatoes and orange yams, so you can use any combination/color of sweet potatoes you’d like!
- Drizzle the sweet potato fries with avocado oil.
- Toast about 1 1/2 tablespoons of sesame seeds in a pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until they’re browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of the toasted sesame seeds to your bowl.
- Add the sumac, sea salt, and thyme. I used dried thyme, but you can also use fresh thyme.
- Mix everything together until the sweet potato wedges are nicely coated.
- Line a baking sheet and arrange the wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
- If you want extra crispiness, you can broil them for a couple minutes.
- I drizzled my sweet potato fries with some tahini and also had a little bowl for dipping. I personally loved the tahini dipping part, but Jaryd loved them plain with just the za’atar. I think it depends on how much you like tahini!
- Sprinkle with the rest of the toasted sesame seeds and micro greens (totally optional, just adds some fun) and enjoy!!