This Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Hemp Dip is the perfect appetizer for your next brunch or gathering! It’s nutty, creamy, and delicious served hot or cold!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 oz feta
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the bell peppers, removing the stems and seeds.
- Brush both sides of the pepper with olive oil and place it on a lined baking pan.
- Roast the peppers in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, place the Hemp Hearts and walnuts in your food processor. Process for 10-30 seconds until everything is chopped up. Set aside.
- When the peppers are done, coarsely cut them and place them in the food processor with the nutty mixture, feta, and sea salt.
- Process for 15 seconds, scrape down the sides and process for another 15-30 seconds. I like mine a little chunky, but process for longer if you like it smoother.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. The peppers will warm the dip and so you can serve it immediately warm. Or, you can pop it in the fridge and serve it later cold. Both are delicious!
- Want to make the chickpea topping?
- Toss the chickpeas with avocado oil paprika, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Transfer them to a lined baking sheet and roast at 400F the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top the dip with roasted chickpeas, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and hemp hearts.