The easiest dairy free and paleo Roasted Red Pepper Sauce!! It’s packed with flavor and you can literally put it on everything!!
- 2 red peppers
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- couple pinches ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the peppers into chunks and remove the seeds.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper along with the garlic cloves and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place the cashews, nutritional yeast (you can also use Parmesan cheese if you don’t mind dairy), hemp hearts, basil, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- When the peppers and garlic are done roasting, add them to the food processor as well.
- Process for 20 seconds, taking a break to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Enjoy immediately on toast, pasta, eggs, it literally goes on everything or store in an airtight container in the fridge for at least a week.