Roast up some beets and make the most refreshing summer salad. I can’t wait for you to try this Roasted Beet Salad with a juicy Blueberry Vinaigrette!
- 2 large beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz. arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the stems and roots off the beets and use a vegetable peeler to remove the outer skin.
- Rinse the beets and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place the beets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 35 minutes.
- Place the pine nuts in a pan over medium high heat and toast for 5minutes, stirring constantly until golden brown.
- Transfer the pine nuts to a separate bowl.
- Add the blueberries pan and cook for 5 – 10 minutes until they begin to burst and soften.
- Add the softened blueberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, agave nectar, and garlic to your food processor or blender.
- Process for 30 seconds until completely mixed together and combined.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a dressing container.
- Divide the arugula, roasted beets, pine nuts, blue cheese, and basil between bowls. This makes 2 larger salads or 4 smaller ones.
- Drizzle with the blueberry vinaigrette and enjoy!
- if making this ahead, allow the beets to cool before serving.
Keywords: roasted beets, roasted beet salad, roasted beet recipe, roasted beet salad recipe, roasted beet and blue cheese salad, roasted beets with blue cheese, roasted beet arugula salad, roasted beet blue cheese salad, roasted beet arugula and pine nut salad, roasted beet salad with arugula pine nuts and blue cheese, blueberry vinaigrette, blueberry vinaigrette paleo, blueberry vinaigrette recipe, how to roast beets, how to roast beets for salad, how to roast beets without aluminum foil, homemade vinaigrette, homemade vinaigrette dressings, homemade vinaigrette healthy