If you want a deliciously flavorful salad without the leafy greens, try this Ribbon Carrot Salad + Peanut Sauce! So simple to make and super satisfying!
- 6 – 8 large rainbow carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (*if cooking the ribbons see below)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Use your vegetable peeler to peel the outer layer of carrot skin (business as usual).
- Discard the initial first layer peel (normal stuff).
- Rinse your peeler and continue to use it to make ribbons out of your carrots.
- I turned the carrot because if you peel just one plane, the width of the ribbons will be very thick. If you turn the carrot as you peel, the width will be thinner and more varied.
- If you like raw carrots and want a raw salad, keep them as is and plate them.
- If you want to soften them, place the ribbons in a pan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoons of avocado oil tossing frequently for 5 minutes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, tamari, water, agave, and sesame oil. Add another tablespoon if needed to make it more drizzly.
- Plate the ribbons and drizzle with the peanut sauce.
- Top with chopped scallions, chopped peanuts, and sesame seeds!
- If you like a heartier, raw salad, don’t cook the ribbons. However, they can get a bit tough so sautéing them for 5 minutes softens them.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: carrot salad, carrot salad dressing, carrot salad recipe, carrot salad vegan, ribbon carrot salad, carrot ribbon salad recipe, rainbow carrot salad, rainbow carrot salad recipe, carrot salad peanut dressing, carrot salad peanuts, carrot salad peanut butter, carrot peanut salad recipe, carrot salad with peanut butter dressing, thai carrot peanut salad,