You will love these fun Pumpkin Roll Cookies are gluten free, perfectly fall flavored, moist and chewy with a decadent cream cheese icing!
- Cookies:1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use an electric mixer to cream together the puree, ghee, vanilla, coconut sugar, and egg.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Continue to mix with your handheld mixer until combined.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop 6 large cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Dampen your fingers with water and gently press them down to flatten the tops.
- Bake them for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While they’re cooling, make your icing.
- Warm the cream cheese in a small bowl, about 1 minute in the microwave. This just makes it easier to get a smooth cream cheese icing and helps with any lumps.
- Add the cinnamon and agave nectar to the bowl.
- Transfer to a small plastic baggie and store in the fridge until you’re ready to use it and the cookies are cool.
- When you’re ready to ice the cookies, cut one corner off the plastic baggie and ice the cookies in a circle motion (or any motion you like!).
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon (optional).