Pumpkin Roll Cookies are soft baked, moist, perfectly spiced and naturally gluten free with a decadent cream cheese icing!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted butter (ghee or coconut oil works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use a whisk or an electric mixer to cream together the puree, butter, vanilla, coconut sugar, and egg.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Whisk again until combined.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop 8 – 10 large cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Dampen your fingers with water and gently press them down to flatten the tops. Bake them for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before starting your icing.
- Once the cookies are cool, warm the cream cheese in a small bowl, about 1 minute in the microwave. This just makes it easier to get a smooth cream cheese icing and helps with any lumps.
- Add the cinnamon and agave nectar to the bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to a small plastic baggie and cut off one corner to ice the cookies.
- Ice the cookies in a circle swirl motion, starting with the outer cookie and working your way to the center.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Place the cookies in the fridge for 15 minutes for the icing to firm and the cookies to further set.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 14.9g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: pumpkin cookies, pumpkin roll cookies, gluten free pumpkin cookies, gluten free pumpkin roll cookies, pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing