This Pumpkin Crust Vegetarian BBQ Pizza is the perfect veggie packed family meal! The pumpkin crust is gluten free, sweet, and goes with any toppings!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely diced
- 1/2 cup baby kale
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and egg.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk again until combined.
- Line a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough to the parchment paper and use your hands to spread it out into a circle, about 12 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. I found it easiest to use damp hands to spread it out and form the edges.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- After the 25 minutes, spread the BBQ sauce out on the crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chopped onions and bake again for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and has toasty bubbles.
- Allow the pizza to sit on the pan for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the baby kale and cut it into 6 slices.