This Pumpkin Cashew Queso is the easiest non-dairy Mexican cheese sauce! It’s only a handful of ingredients, vegan, and such a crowd pleaser!!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped for garnish
- tortilla chips for serving
- Place the cashews, salsa, pumpkin puree, nutritional yeast, cumin, salt, and water in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- If you want to serve this hot, pour the smooth queso into a pot over medium heat for 3 – 5 minutes. Whisk continuously until it is warmed through. If it gets too thick, add 1/4 cup water to thin it out.