Servings: 1 loaf (10 slices) 1x
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar + 1 tablespoon for topping
- 1/4 cup melted refined coconut oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey, or maple syrup works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice + 1/2 teaspoon for sprinkling on top
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
Place the pumpkin puree, eggs, 1/2 cup of coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, agave nectar, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt to the bowl.
Mix again until the dry ingredients are well combined.
Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Transfer the batter into the bread pan and smooth it out into an even layer.
Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and the pumpkin seeds.
Bake for 35 minutes or until it rises and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once it has cooled, remove the bread from the pan by lifting the parchment paper up and placing it on a cooling rack. Cut into slices and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 13.8g
- Sodium: 243mg
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 49mg