- 1/2 cup unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups unsalted pistachios (1 1/2 cup pistachio flour after processing)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped for folding in the cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First process your pistachios until they’re a flour texture. For me it took about 30 seconds until they were a light, fluffy, crumbly flour.
- Transfer the flour to a bowl and wipe out your food processor.
- Cream together the butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla in the food processor.
- Add the egg and process again until completely creamed together.
- Add the pistachio flour (measure it out again because to add 1 1/2 cup), baking soda, and sea salt.
- Process for another 10 seconds until everything is combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the chopped pistachios.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Scoop golf-sized balls onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
Serving (1 cookie): Calories 104; Fat 8g (Sat 4g); Protein 1.2g; Carb 7.5g (net carb 7.1g); Fiber 0.4g; Sodium 286mg
© The Toasted Pine Nut