The only lobster tail recipe you’ll ever need! These Perfect Herb + Butter Lobster Tails are packed with flavor and so easy to make! Everything comes together in under 20 minutes!
- 2 lobster tails
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and strained
- 1/2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- extra butter for serving
- Set your broiler to high.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the top of the shell lengthwise down, cutting right up to the line of the bottom flipper.
- Flip the tails over and crack the boning on the underside. This can be super sharp and difficult to do, so be careful!
- Pull apart the top shell and gently pull the lobster meat from the inside of the shell, leaving it attached to the bottom flipper part.
- Set the meat on the top of the shell and place it in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and whisk with the garlic, lemon juice, and chopped basil.
- Brush or pour this butter mixture over top of the lobster meat.
- Top with an extra tablespoon of butter (room temp) on each tail.
- Broil on high for 10 minutes until the meat is white and no longer translucent.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil (if desired) and serve with additional melted butter for dipping!
Serving (1 tail): Calories 820; Fat 28.7g (Sat 16g); Protein 129.8g; Carb 2.4g (net carb 1.9g); Fiber 0.5g; Sodium 3468mg