These pepper ring eggs are a fun way to spice up your boring egg breakfast AND keep your sunny eggs from running into each other!
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 free range eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, cut the end off your bell pepper and then cut it into slices about 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick.
- Rinse and remove the ribs and seeds from the center while keeping the pepper ring in tact.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add your pepper rings to the pan.
- Cook for two minutes, then flip the rings.
- Crack an egg into the center of each ring and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Continue to cook util the clear part of the egg is white but you want the yolk to be runny, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and continue until all rings are used and/or you reach your desired number of egg-filled pepper rings!
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- I served mine with a basic arugula salad with blue cheese, dried cranberries, hemp hearts, and some breakfast sausage.
Serving (2 pepper rings): Calories 219; Fat 16.2g (Sat 4g); Protein 12.6g; Carb 6.5g (net carb 5.7g); Fiber 0.8g; Sodium 122mg