These Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies are soft, rich, fluffy, and fudgey. They are super decadent and made with almond flour so they’re naturally gluten free!
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter + 2 tablespoons for swirling on top
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup of the peanut butter, coconut sugar, butter, egg and egg yolk, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and whisk until combined.
- Fold those chocolate chippers into the batter, reserving a small handful for sprinkling on top.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Spread the batter out with a spatula in an even layer.
- Drizzle the top with an additional 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Use a chopstick or butter knife to create swirls into the top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 12 – 15 minutes (12 minutes for gooier brownies, 15 minutes for cakier brownies).
- Allow the brownies to cool for about 5 minutes before lifting them up with the parchment paper and cutting 9 squares.
- Sprinkled with flaked sea salt and enjoy!