- 4 small zucchinis
- sprinkle with sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and then cut them in half.
- Cut each half into 8ths. I cut them in half, then each half in half, then each quarter in half, if that makes sense. So, they’re wedges 🙂
- Place the wedges in a metal strainer in the sink.
- Sprinkle with salt and let them sit for a few minutes.
- In one bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In another bowl, stir together the Italian seasoning, onion powder, ground mustard, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Set half of the cheesy seasoning aside and add it to the bowl as needed.
- Pat the zucchini wedges dry, then dip them in the egg and coat them in the cheesy seasoning. I found it easiest to use one hand to grab the zucchini and dip it in the egg and then drop it in the Parm bowl.
- Then, use another hand to coat it in the cheesy topping and place it on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with a side of marinara sauce.
Serving: Calories 141; Fat 10.2g (Sat 5.7g); Protein 9.5g; Carb 6.4g (net carb 4.9g); Fiber 1.5g; Sodium 415mg