Step up your #tacotuesday with these Pan Seared Steak + Mango Tacos! The steak is perfectly juicy and tender and the mango adds a nice sweetness to them!
- 1/2 lb. strip steak
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 mangos, cut in cubes
- handful cilantro
- Place the steak in a dish.
- Mix together the soy sauce, ginger, and minced garlic, and pour it over the steak, coating the top and bottom of the steak.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the steak and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Grab a cast iron skillet and place it over high heat with coconut oil. Wait until the coconut oil heats up and then place the steak in the skillet for 3 minutes.
- After three minutes, flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes. I like my steak medium-rare, but cook longer as desired.
- Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, warm your tortillas. I threw them on a hot grill pan for about 1-2 minutes each side.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Cut the mangos in chunks and prep some cilantro leaves.
- When the steak is done resting, slice it in 1/4 inch pieces. I had a longer steak and so I cut the slices in half for the tacos.
- Fill the taco shells with the sliced meat, sliced onions, mango cubes, and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.