Servings: 16 bars 1x
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (How to Make Almond Flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 2 large oranges)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (roughly 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- Powdered sugar
- Candied orange slices or orange peel
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the crust ingredients.
- Once a crumbly dough forms, dump into the pan and press into an even layer with your hands.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, add the eggs, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, maple syrup and vanilla to another bowl. Whisk until there are no streaks of egg white.
- Add the arrowroot powder to the orange and egg mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Once the crust is done baking, immediately add pour the liquid filling mixture onto the crust and put back into the oven for 23-25 more minutes.
- Once the bars are done baking, allow to come to room temperature before cooling in the fridge for 1-4 hours (according to your preference).
- Once chilled, sprinkle with powdered sugar and candied orange peel (if desired), slice and serve!
Recipe Development + Food Photography by Jessica Reynolds-Corden
from Jessica Eats.
**These bars should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container and consumed within 5 days!