You’ll love these Orange Chia Seed Bars They’re perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Plus, they’re low carb, gluten free, and dairy free!
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, slightly warmed/room temperature
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First, zest the orange into a small bowl and set aside.
- Then, cut the orange in half and juice it.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave nectar, and orange juice.
- Add the almond flour, chia seeds, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk everything together.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and spread the batter out evenly on the bottom.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then check on it. If the top needs to get more golden, keep it in for another 2 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the oven and allow to cool while you make the glaze.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the warmed coconut oil, agave nectar, and orange zest.
- Pull the edges of the parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan.
- Cut into them and drizzle with the glaze. If you want the glaze to harden, wait until the bars are completely cool before drizzling and then pop them in the fridge for 2 minutes after the drizzle 🙂
- Per bar: Calories 208; Fat 16.2g (Sat 6.1g); Protein 6.0g; Carb 10.8g (net carbs 8g); Fiber 2.8g; Sodium 136mg
- Serving Size: 12