Really fun and flavorful Orange Cauliflower Salad + Lemon Poppy Dressing. It’s perfect for an easy light vegetarian lunch! Low carb + gluten free!
- 1/2 head orange cauliflower, cut in medium/small florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups baby kale
- 2 cups purple cabbage, spiralized with blade A
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (or chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut half of a cauliflower head into medium/small florets.
- Toss the florets in a bowl with the melted coconut oil, agave, and sea salt.
- Place the florets on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. I broiled mine on high for 2 minutes afterwards to crisp things up a bit more.
- While the cauli is cooking, make the dressing.
- Place the lemon zest and juice, agave nectar, poppy (or chia) seeds, extra virgin olive oil, and white wine vinegar in a small mason jar and shake it up.
- Place the baby kale and spiralized cabbage on the plate. I find spiralizing cabbage SUCH a quick and easy way to cut it, but obviously it’s not necessary to the recipe!
- When the cauli is done cooking, place it in the center of the plate and drizzle with the dressing.
- Top with shelled pistachios and sliced avocado.
- Serving Size: 2