This One Skillet Sweet Almond Chicken + Green Beans is the perfect weeknight meal! It comes together in 30 quick minutes and only dirties one skillet!
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, softened or melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprike
- salt and pepper
- 12 oz. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 5 leaves fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a blender or food processor, place the almonds, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, agave nectar, and sea salt.
- Process until chunky but combined. Set aside.
- Generously pat the chicken thighs with the paprika, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Place the chicken thighs into the pan for 2 minutes then flip.
- Sear the other side for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Nuzzle the green beans in the skillet around the chicken.
- Scoop a dollop of the almond topping on each piece of chicken.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Then, broil on high for 2 minutes until the almond topping is golden brown.
- When you serve, be sure to pour some of the juices from the bottom of the skillet on top of the chicken and green beans (omg it’s sooo good).
- Garnish with basil and enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 6