This One Skillet Lemon Butter Chicken is my favorite weeknight meals! It’s low carb + gluten free, you’ll be slurping the sauce with a spoon, it’s so good!
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup arugula (or spinach, or chopped kale)
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut in small florets
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season chicken liberally with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, top side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a separate plate.
- In the same pan, with the chicken juices, melt the remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan, lemon juice, and thyme sprigs.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Stir in arugula (or spinach), and simmer until the arugula has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and cauliflower and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet. I used tongs and nuzzled the chicken into the veggies so the bottom of the chicken was touching the pan.
- Place the pan in oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6