The BEST no-bake dessert to keep in the back of your fridge for when the sweet tooth hanger strikes!! Or eating immediately 🙂 Low carb and gluten free!
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- splash vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- two pinches sea salt
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks (for melting)
- In your food processor, place the cashew butter, agave nectar, vanilla, almond flour, and sea salt.
- Process until it begins to ball up.
- Scrape down the sides and process again to make sure it is well combined.
- If the dough seems a little dry, add another tablespoon of agave nectar.
- Add the chocolate chunks and process again to mix them in and chop them up a bit, about 5 – 10 seconds.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper. It depends how thick you want your bars. I used a bread pan and it was really perfectly thick in my opinion 🙂
- Bunch up another piece of parchment paper and use it to press the dough down into the pan.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and microwave it, stirring every 30 seconds so you don’t burn the chocolate.
- Spread the melted chocolate across the top of the dough. Pop it in the freezer for about 10 minutes until the chocolate is hardened.
- Pull the bars out of the pan by pulling up the edges of the parchment paper.
- Peel back the parchment paper and place them on a cutting board.
- Cut into whatever size bars you want – I did eight square bars, but they should really be cut into 16 or so.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat!
- Per serving: Calories 202; Fat 14.4g (Sat 4.4g); Protein 4.8g; Carb 16.5g (net carb 12.7g); Fiber 3.8g; Sodium 18mg
- Serving Size: 16