You’ll love these healthier No Bake Chocolate Coconut Nests with color-coated nut eggs! These are so easy to customize and so fun to eat!
- 30 macadamia nuts (you can also use blanched hazelnuts)
- 6 tablespoons coconut butter, melted (you can also use white chocolate)
- food coloring
- Divide the coconut butter between three small bowls, pouring 2 tablespoons into each bowl.
- Drop 1-2 drops of food coloring into each bowl. I used pink, blue, and yellow. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cutting board or baking sheet, and then place a cooling rack on top.
- Dip the macadamia nuts into the colored coconut butter until coated. Then, transfer to the cooling rack to allow the excess coconut butter to drip down.
- Chill in the freezer for five minutes and repeat the coating process again if you want more vibrant color (I did it twice).
- While the “eggs” are chilling, place the shredded coconut in a large pan over medium heat. Toast the coconut for about 5- 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until the coconut appears golden brown and is fragrant.
- Transfer the toasted coconut into a large bowl and add the coconut oil, cocoa powder, agave nectar, and peanut butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together until combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. You may need two separate baking sheets for all the nests.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop 10 mounds of the chocolate coconut. The mixture will be really loose.
- Use your hands to tuck in the edges and create a divot in the center.
- Place three eggs in the center of the nest.
- Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes until the chocolate is set and then store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt before serving.
Keywords: chocolate egg nests, chocolate egg nest cookies, chocolate egg nest treats, chocolate coconut egg nests, chocolate coconut easter egg nests, chocolate coconut easter egg nest recipe, coconut egg nest cookies, coconut egg nests recipe, coconut egg nests, easter egg nests coconut,