These Nacho Kale Chips are the most perfect crispy, crunchy snack! They are so flavorful and fun and are the perfect healthy snack you can feel good about!
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Pull the leafy greens from the kale stem.
- Coarsely chop the kale leaves to make some chip sized chunks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil and tomato paste.
- In a large bowl, place your cut kale and avocado oil mixture.
- Massage the kale so the leaves are completely covered with oil.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and 3 tablespoons of the nutritional yeast and toss.
- Lay the leaves on a lined baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with the remaining nutritional yeast.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, check them and toss gently with tongs.
- Cook for another 10 minutes and then check them. Gently toss again and cook for another 10 minutes until crispy. Mine took about 30 minutes, checking and tossing on them every 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and allow the chips to cool in the oven if your chips still need crisping.
- If your kale chips are already pretty crispy, set them on top of the stove to cool them before transferring to a bowl or container.