Prep this Mediterranean Cauliflower Chickpea Salad for an easy, flavor packed vegetarian lunch! Loaded with plant based protein and veggies!!
- 15 oz. chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 oz. frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about ½ red onion)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced in fourths
- ½ cup jarred roasted bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Use a spatula to toss and coat the chickpeas with the spices.
- Spread them out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, place the frozen cauliflower rice in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir it frequently for about 10 minutes until it’s warmed through and no longer frozen.
- Transfer the cauli rice to large bowl and add in the chopped onion, cucumber, tomatoes, roasted pepper, parsley, and toasted pine nuts.
- Mix and divide into three separate Ello meal prep containers.
- In a dressing bottle or medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, agave, vinegar, and mustard. Whisk or shake until combined.
- Divide the dressing into little dressing containers with lids and nuzzle them into Ello meal prep containers.
- Once the chickpeas are done roasting, divide them among the meal prep containers.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Store in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to eat, pour the dressing on the salad, put the lid back on the container and shake until coated.