I’m so excited to share this Meal Prep Instant Pot Bruschetta Shredded Chicken with you!! It makes for a perfect weeknight dinner, or throw them into meal prep containers for an easy grab and go meal!
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 container (10 oz.) of grape tomatoes
- 1 package of your favorite noodles (I used edamame noodles, but I think chickpea pasta would be way better!!)
- fresh basil for garnish
- First, turn the instant pot to sauté.
- While it’s heating up, generously sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once hot, pour a tablespoon of avocado oil into the pot.
- Sauté each side of the chicken for about 2 minutes and then remove it from the pot and put it back on the plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Change the setting to pressure cook and set it for 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pot along with the red wine vinegar, smoked paprika, salt, thyme, tomato paste, broth, and tomatoes to the pot and close the lid.
- Once the 8 minute countdown is done, release the valve.
- While the chicken is cooking, I cooked my noodles. I used edamame noodles, but in retrospect, I prefer chickpea pasta. So, use whatever noodles you like!
- When the noodles are done cooking, drain them and toss them with some avocado oil. This prevents the noodles from clumping up and sticking together so when you keep them in the meal prep containers, they’ll still be perfectly twirl-able.
- Divide the noodles into the meal prep containers.
- When the pressure is done releasing, take the chicken out of the instant pot and use two forks to pull it apart and shred it.
- Put the shredded chicken back into the pot and mix it together so it’s nice and coated.
- Divide the chicken and sauce into the different meal prep containers.
- Top with fresh basil and store in the fridge until you’re ready to grab and go or eat!