You’ll love this low carb and gluten free Caprese Chicken Skillet! It only takes 10 minutes to prep and gets dinner on the table so quickly!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 large tomatoes
- 8 oz. mozzarella ball
- About 1–2 Tbsp. balsamic reduction
- About 10 basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Coat the chicken in the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a large, cast iron skillet (a Dutch oven or casserole dish would work, too).
- Place the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the tomato and mozzarella ball into thin slices.
- Once the 15 minutes have passed, add the tomato slices on top of the chicken and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven again, place the mozzarella over the tomato and chicken and place back in the oven for a final 8-10 minutes to melt the cheese and cook the chicken. When finished, the chicken should be 165F internally.
- To serve, drizzle on some balsamic reduction and top with torn, fresh basil leaves.
Keywords: chicken dinner ideas, chicken dinner, chicken dinner recipe, chicken dinner for two, chicken dinner meals, low carb chicken dinner, low carb high protein chicken dinner, low carb chicken dinner for two, gluten free chicken dinner recipes, gluten free chicken dinner ideas, gluten free chicken dinner recipes for two, quick gluten free chicken dinner, simple gluten free chicken dinners, the best gluten free chicken dinner, caprese chicken dinner, caprese chicken, caprese chicken recipe, caprese chicken baked, caprese chicken skillet, caprese chicken skillet recipe, baked caprese chicken skillet, caprese chicken cast iron skillet