This recipe for Lemon Zucchini Burrata Pasta can easily be made gluten free by swapping out traditional pasta. It’s an easy weeknight dinner everyone loves!
- 8 oz. pasta
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced in half moons (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 8 oz burrata, cut in smaller pieces
- basil leaves for garnish
- 1 lemon, juices (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- Cook your pasta according to packaging directions. You’ll eventually drain and set aside until you’re ready to incorporate it into the rest of the dish.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the sliced shallots in butter for 7 – 10 minutes until softened and starting to get golden brown.
- Add in the chopped garlic and zucchini to the pan.
- Sauté for an additional 10 minutes until the zucchini is softened and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, place the pine nuts in a small pan and toast over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 5 – 7 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, agave, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard in a mason jar or container with a lid. Place the lid on and shake until combined.
- Once the shallots and zucchini are cooked, add the pasta to the pan along with the lemon sauce.
- Toss until the pasta is coated.
- Plate the pasta, adding the zucchini and shallots on top.
- Top with toasted pine nuts, cut burrata, and basil leaves.
- I say this recipe serves 2 – 4. If you want a big ol’ plate/bowl of pasta, I’d say it serves 2. If you’re making this for a smaller lunch portion, it makes about 4 servings.