If you want the perfect sweet and tangy treat for brunch, you have to try these gluten free Lemon Poppy Seed Scones! They’re so simple and made in one bowl!
For the scones:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 3 Tbsp. poppyseeds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the glaze:
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1–2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the melted butter, cream, eggs, agave nectar, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir in the poppyseeds.
- Next, add the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut flakes, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken before pouring it out on a cookie sheet* lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Spread the batter into about an 8-inch disc.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove the sheet from the oven. The scones will not be completely cooked, but cut 8 slices out of the disc, making individual scones.
- Return the sheet to the oven for 8-10 minutes to finish cooking. The scones will be just set in the middle.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before carefully transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- When the scones are cool, mix together the glaze ingredients and generously drizzle over top of each scone.
- If you have one, use a cookie sheet with no lip so that it’s easier to slice and remove the scones.
Keywords: lemon poppy scones, lemon poppy scones recipe, best lemon poppy scones, lemon poppy seed scones recipe, lemon poppy seed scones with glaze, lemon poppy seed scones with heavy cream, gluten free lemon poppy seed scones, gluten free lemon poppy scones, grain free lemon poppy seed scones, grain free lemon poppy scones, easy lemon poppy seed scones, easy lemon poppy seed scones recipe, easy lemon poppy scones, easy lemon poppy scones recipe, healthy lemon poppy seed scones, lemon scones, lemon scones recipe, meyer lemon scones,