Start your day off of a sweet and tasty note with this Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bake! It’s made with almond flour and so easy to whip together!
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 lemons, zest and juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons pink salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a half sheet pan (18″ x 13″) with butter and set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter, lemon zest and juice, eggs, and coconut sugar.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk again until combined.
- Pour the batter into the half sheet pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the blueberries.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the top is set.
- Allow the Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bake to sit for 5 – 10 minutes and then cut into 12 squares.
- Optional but fun: whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, agave, and vanilla (see notes below).
- The glaze can get tricky because if the butter gets cold, the glaze gets clumpy. But, if the butter is too hot, it can be too liquid-y and translucent. If the glaze clumps up, you can pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it a better consistency. I like to veer on the side of hot and whisk it, allowing it to come to room temp and reach the desired glaze consistency and the pour it onto the squares.
- I found it best to glaze the squares once they were on the plate. I poured some on top of the squares when they were in the pan and they soaked it in and made the squares way too soft and more difficult to transfer to the plate. So, first plate then glaze 🙂