Transform your Thanksgiving leftovers into this Leftover Sweet Potato Turkey Bake! It’s loaded with your favorite fall flavors with a creamy, cheese sauce!
- 3 Tbsp. butter or ghee
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups diced or shredded turkey
- 4 cups diced, cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Begin by heating the butter or ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Then add the onion. Sauté until soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the tapioca starch and cook for an additional 2 minutes before pouring in the stock, coconut milk and salt.
- Let this come to a boil, stirring frequently, and reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Mix together the turkey, sweet potato and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Pour the sauce over the mixture and mix well until everything is coated.
- Pour the mixture out into a greased casserole dish and cover with the remaining cheese and the cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until everything is hot and bubbly. Serve!