Lighten up #tacotuesday with this low carb, gluten free, and vegan jackfruit burrito bowl that will quickly become your new favorite weeknight meal.
- 1 1/2 cup homemade queso
- 2 cans young green jackfruit in water
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, warmed as directed
- handful cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- First, make the queso.
- Drain and rinse your cans of jackfruit.
- Cut the center hard part off the jackfruit, leaving behind the piece-y arch.
- Warm a pan over medium-high heat with coconut oil.
- Place the jackfruit in the pan and add the spices.
- Sauté the jackfruit until it begins to brown and soften, about 10 minutes.
- Use your spatula to break up the pieces a bit.
- Meanwhile, cook your chopped pepper and onion with some oil over medium-high heat for 5 -7 minutes until they’re reduced and golden brown.
- While the jackfruit and peppers are cooking, place the chopped kale in a large bowl and toss with half of the queso.
- Divide the cheesy kale into the individual bowls.
- Warm the corn as package directions.
- Add the jackfruit to the bowls when it’s done cooking.
- Add the peppers to the bowls.
- Top with corn, cilantro, and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with additional queso as desired.