I’m obsessing over these Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tacos + Fresh Pico de Gallo because they’re so simple to make, they’re juicy, tender, and so flavorful!
For the pork:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 lb. boneless pork butt roast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 cup chicken stock
For the Pico de Gallo:
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (red would work, too!)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, diced (deseed for a mild Pico de Gallo)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2–1 tsp. salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch garlic powder
Optional serving ingredients:
- Taco shells of choice (I like Mission low carb tortillas or Siete almond four tortillas)
- Queso fresco cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to “Sauté” on high for 10 minutes. Add the olive oil to the pot.
- Rub the pork with the salt, chili powder, and pepper.
- After about 2 minutes when the oil is hot, place the pork in the Instant Pot and sauté. Flip halfway through to get a sear on both sides.
- Once the Sauté cycle has finished, add the lime juice, orange juice and chicken stock to the pot.
- Place the lid on the pot, set the valve to “sealing”, and select “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” for 45 minutes at high power. Allow the cycle to run its course, and let it naturally release for 10 minutes before carefully preforming a manual release.
- While the pork is cooking, make the Pico de Gallo so it has some time for the flavors to marinate.
- Combine the diced tomatoes, diced onion, chopped cilantro, diced jalapeno, lime juice, salt and garlic powder in a bowl and mix. Let this sit in the fridge until serving time.
- When the pork has cooked and cooled to the touch, shred with two forks.
- Serve the tacos in whatever kind of shell you’d like with the Pico de Gallo, lettuce & a sprinkle of cheese.
Keywords: instant pot, instant pot recipes, instant pot pork, instant pot pork roast, instant pot pork shoulder, instant pot pork recipes, instant pot pulled pork, pulled pork tacos, oulled pork tacos instant pot, pulled pork tacos recipe, pico de gallo, fresh pico de gallo, homemade pico de gallo, homemade pico de gallo recipe, homemade pico de gallo salsa recipe, homemade pico de gallo sauce, homemade pico de gallo seasoning