This recipe for instant pot cauliflower (whole head) is ready in 5 minutes. Nothing beats easy! The marinade is super tasty too.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon agave (honey or maple syrup works)
- thyme leaves and sesame seeds for garnish
- Break off any leaves around the cauliflower head and cut the stem of the cauliflower so it sits on the counter flat. Be careful not to cut off any florets and to keep the head in tact.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, thyme leaves, salt, and paprika in a bowl.
- Drizzle the marinade over the cauliflower head, using your hands to coat the entire head.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and pour ⅓ cup water into the bottom of the instant pot.
- Place the cauliflower head on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on and make sure the valve is on sealing.
- Press the pressure cook button and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for five minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, whisk together the tamari, tahini, and agave in a small bowl. If the ingredients need help incorporating, heat in the microwave for 20 seconds and continue to whisk until thickened and smooth.
- After the timer is up, release the steam from the instant pot by turning the sealing valve to venting.
- Optional** you can place the cauliflower head on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and broil it for 2 – 5 minutes to crisp the outside. This is not necessary but adds a darker color to the outside florets.
- Plate the cauliflower head and drizzle with the tahini soy sauce. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and sesame seeds for garnish.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 slice or 1 cup florets
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 553mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg