Want a super fancy dinner with minimal effort? These Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs are so tender and flavorful and perfect for a special occasion!
- 2 cups Swanson Beef Broth
- 3 lbs. bone-in short ribs
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 ½ cup)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup dry red wine
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (brown sugar works too)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 sprigs thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour (cornstarch works too, just dissolve it first in ¼ cup water before adding it to the Instant Pot)
- Place the short ribs, onion, carrots, broth, wine, coconut sugar, garlic, tomato paste, thyme leaves, salt and pepper in your Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook on high for 40 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- After it’s done cooking, vent the Instant Pot and allow the steam to release.
- Scoop the meat and most of the veggies out and place in a separate bowl to the side. You’ll know the meat is done cooking because the beef will pull away from the bone.
- Remove and discard any leftover thyme leave stems.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the arrowroot to the Instant Pot and whisk frequently for 10-15 minutes until the sauté thickens and reduces.
- Add the meat and veggies back to the Instant Pot and keep warm until ready to eat.
Serve on top of mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.