Making dairy-free homemade oat milk is easy! Learn how to make creamy, vegan, and NOT SLIMY oat milk perfect for your coffee or for recipes!
- Blend. Place the water, oats, agave nectar, vanilla, and salt in your blender and blend for about 45 seconds. Try not to over-blend your oat milk because it can get slimy if you over-bend.
- Strain. Place your clean thin dish towel, nut milk bag , or fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the blended oat milk through to strain it.
- While nut milks like almond milk you would try to squeeze as much liquid out, with oat milk, you don’t want to squeeze! Simply let it strain and drip through your towel or strainer and discard any pulp or liquid that doesn’t go through.
- Double strain. To truly ensure you get the smoothest, creamiest oat milk possible, double strain.
- Store & Chill. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for about 5 days.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 297mg
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: oat milk, how to make oat milk, easy oat milk recipe, oat milk recipe, homemade oat milk, homemade diy oat milk, non-slimy oat milk, vanilla oat milk