You’ll love this delicious Horseradish Beet Dip!! It’s so pretty, flavorful, and only a few, wholesome ingredients. It’s gluten free, paleo-friendly, and vegetarian!
- 2 large beets, boiled, skin removed, and cut in chunks
- 2 – 4 tablespoons horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 4% whole milk yogurt
- Rinse beets and place in a pot of cold water.
- Bring water to a boil, then turn down to medium heat.
- Boil beets for 45-60 minutes, or until you can easily spear it with a skewer. You may have to top off the water throughout the boiling process.
- When your beets are done, drain the water and cool them in a strainer. Put beets under cold water and peel the skin off with your thumb. Apply enough pressure with your thumb so that the skin kind of slips off. I found this easiest when I kept the cold water running over the beet.
- Coarsely chop the beets.
- Place them in the food processor and let it run for about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and process for another 30 seconds to a minute until chunky and NOT smooth.
- Add the horseradish, sea salt, ground pepper, yogurt and process for 10 seconds until combined.
- Per serving: Calories 11; Fat 0.1g; Protein 0.4g; Carb 2.5g (net carb 2.0g); Fiber 0.5g; Sodium 86mg
- Serving Size: 15