Horseradish Beetroot Dip is vibrant, flavorful, and made with wholesome ingredients. It’s the perfect appetizer or nutritious snack.
- 2 large beets (or 4 smaller beets)
- 2 – 4 tablespoons horseradish (depending how much zing you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 4% whole milk yogurt
- Rinse beets and place in a pot of cold water.
- Bring water to a boil, then turn down to medium heat.
- Boil beets for 45-60 minutes, or until you can easily spear it with a skewer. You may have to top off the water throughout the boiling process.
- When your beets are done, drain the water and cool them in a strainer. Put beets under cold water and peel the skin off with your thumb. Apply enough pressure with your thumb so that the skin kind of slips off. I found this easiest when I kept the cold water running over the beet as I did this.
- Coarsely chop the beets.
- Place them in the food processor and let it run for about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and process for another 30 seconds to a minute until the beets are still chunky but broken down.
- Add the horseradish, salt, ground pepper, yogurt and process for 10 seconds until combined.
- Transfer to a dish and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 176mg
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: beetroot dip, horseradish beetroot dip