Swap your store-bought chocolate hazelnut spread with a healthy, homemade version! Put it in a crepe or just use a spoon, it’s vegan + refined sugar free!
- 3 cups peeled hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- splash of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Lay your hazelnuts out on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Place the peeled and roasted hazelnuts in your food processor along with the coconut sugar, vanilla, sea salt, and cocoa powder.
- Turn the food processor on and forget about it for about 3 minutes.
- Turn it off, scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and then turn it on for another 7 – 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture is smoooooth and the consistency you like, transfer the chocolate hazelnut mixture to an air-tight container and store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!