Homemade Fresh Spring Rolls with Easy Peanut Dipping Sauce are a healthy, low carb, and customizable dinner, lunch, or appetizer.
- 6 – 8 pieces of round rice paper
- 4 – 6 leaves of butter lettuce, torn in half
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, flesh removed and thinly sliced
- handful fresh mint
- handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave, honey or maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- First, take care to thinly slice your veggies. It really makes a difference in the texture of your rolls and how tightly they pack together. So cut thin strips to the best of your ability! If you have a julienne peeler, that would also be a really great option to get super thin veggie strips!
- Next, fill a shallow dish with water and set it next to a cutting board. Use your hand to dampen the cutting board with the water.
- Dip one rice wrapper into the water for about 10 seconds and then lay it on the damp cutting board.
- On one side of the wrapper, pile your veggies: half a leaf of butter lettuce, some bell pepper slices, carrot slices, cucumber slices, and avocado. Top with a few leaves of mint and cilantro.
- Use your thumbs and forefingers to pull up the rice wrapper under the stack of veggies and fold it over top.
- Roll it one time over, tucking and packing the veggies tightly as you do.
- Fold the sides into the middle.
- Then, continue to roll it away from you until the rice paper sticks entire to the roll.
- Set aside and continue until you are out of veggies.
- Cut in half and place on a serving plate.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, peanut butter, tamari, agave, and garlic. Pour into a small bowl and serve alongside the spring rolls.
- Garnish the spring rolls with chopped peanuts, sesame seeds, and additional cilantro leaves.