DELICIOUS homemade candy turtles that are paleo, low glycemic, vegan, dairy free, and gluten free! You guys will be making these on repeat, they’re so good!
- 11 oz. coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Colman’s Dry Mustard OR 3 teaspoons Colman’s Prepared Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Couple pinches of chili powder
- 1 cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 12 raw whole pecans
- Pour the coconut cream and coconut sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk frequently until it thickens, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once it’s thickened, reduce the heat to low and add the vanilla, sea salt, Colman’s Mustard, cinnamon, and chili powder.
- Once nice and combined, remove from heat and allow it to come to room temperature, Stirring occasionally.
- Once cool, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 3+ hours. If you can leave the caramel for 12 – 24 hours, even better!
- Make the turtles: heat the chocolate chips for a minute in the microwave.
- Add the coconut oil and continue to stir until the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, make 12 chocolate circles about 3 inches in diameter.
- Pop in the freezer for a couple minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- Use a spoon to outline the chocolate circles and place it in the freezer to harden for a minute. This “outline” will create a nice wall so that the caramel won’t pour out the sides.
- Repeat the outline one more time and place it in the freezer to harden for a minute.
- Add a scoop of caramel to the center of the chocolate.
- Top with a pecan.
- Spoon the chocolate onto the top to cover the caramel and pecan.
- Place it in the freezer for another minute or two to set the top chocolate.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!