If you’re looking for the perfect family friendly dinner, these Healthy Hidden Veggie Meatballs is the perfect recipe! Your kids will love them!
- 1 onion (about one cup after chopped)
- 3 medium carrots (about 1 cup after chopped)
- 1 zucchini (about 1/2 cup after chopped)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 24 oz jars of marinara
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use your food processor to chop up the onion and then transfer to a large bowl. You don’t have to clean out the food processor in between chopping veggies because they’re all eventually going to the same place.
- Then, place the carrots into the food processor and turn on to chop the carrots. Transfer to the bowl.
- Add the zucchini to the food processor and chop up. Then, add that to the bowl.
- Add the pork, beef, egg, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning to the bowl.
- Use your hands to mix all the ingredients.
- Use a cookie scooper or two spoons to make the meatballs and roll them in between your hands to make it smooth.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Place the marinara in the a large pot along with the cooked meatballs over high heat.
- Once the marinara starts bubbling, place the lid on top of the pot and turn down the heat to medium-low.
- Allow to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Simmering the meatballs in the marinara for the 15 minutes really helps the carrots cook through. The first time I made these, I skipped this part and my kids didn’t like the “crunch.” Simmering the meatballs in the marinara softens the hidden veggies and makes the less detectable!