This Healthy Coconut Almond Granola is the best homemade, grain free granola out there! Perfect to make ahead for meal prep breakfasts!
- 1/2 cup ground flax meal
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds (or whole chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- 2 T. agave nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine the flax meal, hemp seeds, coconut, chia, and sunflower seeds.
- Use a large knife to coarsely chop up your almonds and cashews, leaving a decent amount of large pieces. Add the nuts to the large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, almond butter, and agave together. Stirring constantly until smooth.
- Pour the almond butter mixture into the large bowl and toss with a rubber spatula.
- Add the water and continue to toss. Things will begin to clump together.
- Spread mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Things should begin to crisp after 20 minutes.
- When the 20 minutes are up, turn the oven off but allow the granola sit in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 10