I love that you can prep these Grilled Pepper + Steak Kabobs hours in advance and they cook within minutes! One of my favorite summer backyard bbq recipes!!
- 1 lb. grass-fed sirloin steak, cut in 2 – 3 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bell peppers (I used 1 red and 1 orange), cut in 2 – 3 inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut in 2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for tossing the veggies
- wooden skewers
- Place all the marinade ingredients and beef cubes in a large plastic baggie.
- Squish the outside of the bag with your hands to mix everything up (make sure it’s zipped!!).
- You could even put the veggies in the same bag and let them soak in the marinade because, why not.
- Let it soak in the fridge for at least three hours, the longer the better. I love to do this the night before and let it sit until you’re ready to get grilling!
- When you’re ready to cook the kabobs, heat the grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Cut up your veggies if you haven’t already, leaving them pretty chunky.
- On wooden or metal skewers, alternate beef with onions and peppers in varying assortments. I put about 3 beef cubes on each kabob.
- I had some veggies left over so I made one all veggie skewers.
- Grill on medium-high for 6 – 8 minutes, turning after 3 minutes. Ours turned out medium-rare (my fave). If you like them more well-done, I would leave them on for another few minutes.
Serving (3 kabobs): Calories 1631; Fat 74.9g (Sat 22.7g); Protein 209.6g; Carb 18.5g (net carb 15.2g); Fiber 3.3g; Sodium 1075mg