Celebrate love with this recipe for Grain Free Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing! They’re naturally colored with beet juice and so pretty!
- 1/2 cup ghee or butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup beet juice
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave on high power for 30 second increments.
- Whisk the beet juice and eggs in a large bowl and add the sugar. Beat well.
- Add in the melted butter and chocolate.
- Mix in the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Evenly divide the batter between 12 lined muffin cups in a muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack completely before frosting.
- For the icing, mix together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and agave.
- Beat well until light and fluffy.
- Ice the cupcakes as desired and serve.
Keywords: red velvet, red velvet cake, red velvet cupcakes, red velvet cupcake frosting, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, grain free red velvet cupcakes, grain free cupcakes, gluten free red velvet cupcakes, gluten free red velvet, gluten free red velvet cupcake recipe, cream cheese frosting, cream cheese frosting recipe, cream cheese icing, cream cheese recipes,